The UCLA Center for Study of International Migration (CSIM) and the Immigrant Youth Task Force at UCLA have partnered to offer a paid internship with the Los Angeles County Office of Immigrant Affairs (OIA).
Participants will receive a $2000 stipend for a 10-week part-time internship with the OIA during Spring Quarter 2021. Interns will join OIA teams on existing projects and are expected to work approximately 15 hours per week from March 29-June 11, 2021.
UCLA graduate students from any discipline are encouraged to apply.
Interns should be flexible, independent, and self-motivated. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the fellowship will be fulfilled entirely remotely. Interns will need to provide their own equipment: internet (wifi) and laptop/computer.
Examples of potential projects include (but are not limited to):
- strategy and capacity building for programs that provide legal aid to immigrants, such as the Los Angeles Justice Fund
- designing and implementing Immigrant Essential Workers programs that utilize community navigators to connect communities to LA County services
- partnership with the Department of Public Health in strategy, planning, and messaging of delivery of Covid vaccines to immigrant communities
- partnership with the Department of Social Services to increase impact and access to programs for refugees and asylums
Dates: March 29-June 11, 2021
Duration/Commitment: 10 weeks part-time (15 hours per week)
Eligibility: UCLA graduate students from any discipline
The application is due by Friday 2/26/21 at 5 PM and consists of
- Completion of online application– click HERE to submit application via google form
- Email copy of CV and a Faculty Letter of Recommendation (preferably from UCLA faculty) to email@example.com
Questions or concerns?
Please see our FAQs page, or contact Lisa Gantz at firstname.lastname@example.org and Marissa Lao at email@example.com.